Thursday, September 9, 2010

You'll never excel if you stick with Excell

Please, pay attention when you write something. I am sincerely tired of seeing the use of the word "Excell" (note the double "l") instead of Excel. I can accept it perfectly when a customer uses it, as most customers are not (why should they be, after all?) IT experts; on the other hand, I really can't stand it when a (should-be) IT expert falls in the same trap.
  • It is Excel, not Excell.
  • It is Outlook, not Outlock, Outloock, Out Look or other combinations.
  • Ajax is not a programming language.
  • Tomcat is not an application server. And, by the way, Apache sounds like "a-patchy"
I could go on forever, but I'm sure you get the point. At best you're considered sloppy because you didn't review what you wrote (which is already bad enough), but maybe you don't know what you're talking about at all. So why should I trust you? How can I think that you can possibly be able to solve my problems? Are you just a waffler? Please get your homework done.

No comments: